Friday, February 8, 2008

Savage

Micharl Savage went on one of his trademark rants about muslims and CAIR:

"I'm not gonna put my wife in a hijab. And I'm not gonna put my daughter in a burqa. And I'm not gettin on my all-fours and braying to Mecca. And you could drop dead if you don't like it. You can shove it up your pipe. I don't wanna hear anymore about Islam. I don't wanna hear one more word about Islam. Take your religion and shove it up your behind. I'm sick of you."

"What kind of religion is this? What kind of world are you living in when you let them in here with that throwback document in their hand, which is a book of hate. Don't tell me I need reeducation. They need deportation. I don't need reeducation. Deportation, not reeducation. You can take C-A-I-R and throw 'em out of my country. I'd raise the American flag and I'd get out my trumpet if you did it. Without due process. You can take your due process and shove it."

"What sane nation that worships the U.S. constitution, which is the greatest document of freedom ever written, would bring in people who worship a book that tells them the exact opposite. Make no mistake about it, the Quran is not a document of freedom. The Quran is a document of slavery and chattel. It teaches you that you are a slave."


CAIR has a lengthy rebuttal and an audio excerpt posted as well; listen to it by clicking here.

Savage was not amused by this and is trying to sue CAIR, invoking copyright law. As Ars Technica notes, this is a pretty blatant attempt at silencing his critics and the use of the audio is obviously fair use. The EFF has gotten involved and is helping CAIR defend against Savage's lunacy. Savage's actual legal filing was barely coherent, filled with

an extended rant about "CAIR and it's [sic] terror connections" and how the group was "tied to terror from the day it was formed."

Savage isn't just upset about copyright; in fact, he complains at one point that his remarks were taken out of context and that many other selections (i.e., more copying) from his show would indicate his regard for Muslims. Savage is upset that CAIR used the clip to convince some advertisers to pull their support for his show, a practice he seems to think is illegal.

He also makes a racketeering claim against the group and says that "the role of CAIR and CAIR-Canada is to wage PSYOPS (psychological warfare) and disinformation activities on behalf of Whabbi-based [sic] Islamic terrorists throughout North America. They are the intellectual 'shock troops' of Islamic terrorism."


instead of anything actually resembling a substantive legal argument. presumably he'll blame his impending legal loss on the dirty liberals and their mental disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment