Wednesday, June 23, 2004

right-wing hate

Right-wing loons make death threats against a two-year old. Thank the Dallas Morning News for printing the toddler's name.



You use the word "obnoxious" in your editorial, and decried strident partisanship. I couldn't agree more. Why? Because, as of yesterday morning, I'd received more than 250 hate calls. They used the "f" word, death threats, threatened visits to my home -- and one threatened my child.



I joined the Mothers Opposing Bush because I want to protect my daughter from a future defined by an administration that has waged war and hampered health care and environmental concerns. I'm a sadder, wiser Mother Opposing Bush today -- and, thanks to death threats, more committed than ever.

[...]

the angry people do not just disagree with me. They have wished me harm. And wished my children harm, too. ... I've been told I am not entitled to an opinion on matters of national security or war and that I should go back to "baking cookies and driving carpools" and leave these matters "to the men we elected." ...



And when, after the column on Mothers Opposing Bush, a male caller left a virulent, two-minute voicemail threatening my daughter, I felt sick. These people are out there, gentle reader. These are your neighbors or your friends or the people next to you in the grocery store check-out line.




This is how it begins. One little step at a time. Why is the Right unwilling to denounce them?

1 comment:

  1. I never heard of this until I read your post. I'm not sure what to make of it, except to say: "Welcome to the world according to Moore.." I would denounce it, but honestly, I don't think it matters whether I do or not. I feel a certain weariness at watching all this come at people from both sides..

    And oh, as for an answer to your question: I believe most of the Right wing loons are busy pointing out and fending off the hatred coming from the Left wing moonbats..

    What these people need is a good old-fashioned whupping.

    ReplyDelete